Monday 16 April 2012

Things aren't great but they are moving foward

Finally plucked up the courage to tell the doctor the whole truth, that I was scared. I seen the most lovely doctor ever. She asked me what was wrong. I explained to her my symptoms. My loss of vision, the headaches, the problems with my muscles and just how scared I was.

She ran through a load of tests. Checking my eyesight and reflexes. She says my eyesight isn't right and that I am seeing double and things are blurry. She asked if I had pain in my eye? I nodded. I could see the fear in her face. The reflexes tests weren't good either. They showed that some parts were over-sensitive or jumpy as the Doctor put it and to other tests I didn't react at all. She asked me to hop and I kept wobbling.

I was expecting her just to say that things were normal and that there was nothing wrong with me. Instead she told me she was referring me to Neurologist.

Normally I don't worry about things but this is to do with my brain. I can live without an arm or a leg but I can't live without a brain.

I cried all the way home. Told my Mum, she just hugged me and told me 'Not to worry, if there was something to worry about I would be at the hospital.'

I have been having symptoms since June 2011. This is now April 2012. I have been going to the Doctors every month and only now they do something. I am glad I seen a different Doctor today. I am extremely grateful to her.

No comments:

Post a Comment